1. I will go to the beach and not let insecurity keep me from enjoying the sunny days of summer.
2. I will not COVET my neighbors breasts, even the saggy ones.
3. I will let people imagine how I got my funky tan lines.
4. I will make-believe that the blue dots on my chest from radiation actually do look like freckles.
5. I will not keep hiking up my bathing suit top and sneaking peeks at my chest to make sure my scars aren’t showing.
6. I will not care if my chest is super flat, it makes me look thin.
7. I will find a nice bathing suit with a lining I can cut a hole in for the prosthetics instead of buying those expensive bathing suits where they cut the hole for you, Because breast cancer is expensive enough.
8. I will live by today’s research and wear SPF approved by EWG if I’m out in the middle of the day for more than a half-hour, but if it’s less than that I won’t wear any to get my dose of VITAMIN D, which is supposed to keep cancer away.
9. I will try to keep up with current research just in case rule 8 changes.
10. I will imagine people are looking at me because “I”M HOT,” and not for any other insecurity I have about my body or my chest.